The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- 3-6 years of digital analytics experience; including experience executing and analyzing digital campaigns.
- E-commerce experience is preferred.
- Experience with customer acquisition, conversion & advocacy.
- Strong experience with digital analytics and computer skills, including Drupal; Convio / Blackbaud (highly preferred); Google Analytics and Salesforce; Hootsuite; and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive data-based decisions and recommendations.
- Proactive and scrappy “get-it-done” mindset.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- Interest in and commitment to The Trust for Public Land’s mission; interest in the environment; a sense that the outdoors is a place for personal rejuvenation.
- A background in the non-profit space, including environmental issues, conservation or related issues preferred.
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy and Engagement, as the Digital Acquisition Analyst, you will be responsible for the planning, execution, and analysis of digital marketing. Your high-level mission will be to increase our audience base through acquisition and engagement in SEO, SEM, email, display campaigns, and other digital channels. Through strategic targeting and optimization, you’ll help increase the number of people who know who we are and what we do--ultimately increasing the number of prospective donors to The Trust for Public Land.
We’ll look to you to leverage your analytical skills to determine the right mix and frequency of our digital marketing initiatives. This is a role for a digital executor—a professional who can build campaigns, analyze results and then share those findings with key stakeholders throughout the organization.
Based in our San Francisco office, where the majority of the Marketing team is seated, you will join a small Digital Marketing team already in place, including a Web Producer and Social Media Manager. You will also partner closely with our Philanthropy team-- leveraging positivity and productivity--to drive synergy between the two teams.
More specifically, your key activities will be to:
- Generate increased traffic and engagement across all digital platforms.
- Create annual traffic acquisition targets across digital channels based on industry benchmarks, trends, etc. and develop strategies to meet those targets.
- Lead SEM, SEO and digital advertising efforts to deliver acquisition targets.
- Build and deliver all donor relationship (non-solicitation) emails and coordinate with philanthropy team on donor acquisition strategy.
- Partner with content team and social media manager to maintain the audience acquisition marketing calendar and timeline with key dates relating to content/stories, current events, holidays, legislation, etc.
- Build and maintain actionable dashboard reporting of traffic analysis, conversion metrics, benchmarking, campaign results to continuously improve the visitor experience and grow engagement and donors. Document and share results and learning.
- Communicate campaign details, rationale, and implementation to internal stakeholders and agency partners.
- Work with internal partners to define campaign metrics against overarching strategy and drive cross-functional teams to meet/exceed metrics.
- Manage digital ad budget and forecasts, media allocation and ROI analysis.
- Develop strong internal relationships across Philanthropy, Social media, Creative services, Local markets and other departments. Develop integrated marketing strategies, research and share best practices with these key internal partners.
- Develop and document tools, techniques, dashboards, etc. in support of digital goals and strategies.
- Work with the creative team to develop effective creative assets for email, display ads, etc.
Video: Mount Ascutney rises 3,000 feet above the town of West Windsor, Vermont. For generations, the ski resort at its base was the community’s center of gravity -- until warming winters and a vanishing snowpack drove the resort out of business in 2010. Without a steady stream of visitors, property values dipped, local businesses faltered, and longtime West Windsor residents feared their town’s identity as a hub for outdoor recreation could fade away. The Trust for Public Land succeeded in protecting 470-acres of the former Ascutney Mountain Resort for the town of West Windsor and added it to the existing 1,112-acre West Windsor Town Forest.
More Good ReasonsBest of Both Worlds
While our organization is 40+ years old, we haven't needed to leverage marketing until the last few years. That means there's a great deal of greenfield opportunity left in the area of marketing -- especially digital marketing! You'll have a solid foundation on which you can help execute and refine an innovative, multi-product, digital program.
Multiple ways to engage donors
The Trust for Public Land includes many areas of expertise that come together to deliver our mission: land for people. The diversity of expertise means there are plenty of interesting and exciting projects to help engage the individual interests of different donors. You'll leverage those differences to make an impact across 30+ local markets.
Even if you already have land conservation in your background, the diversity of our work means you'll gain broad exposure to new and innovative projects and strategies.
Top rated organization
Because we spend so little to gain so much, The Trust for Public Land is one of the country's top-rated nonprofit organizations. A couple of examples:
- The American Institute of Philanthropy gives The Trust for Public Land an "A for efficiency" for putting 84% towards program costs while generally spending only $9 to raise $100.
- Forbes Magazine gives us high marks for fundraising efficiency and charitable commitment, in our entry on their list of "The 200 Largest U.S. Charities."
In addition to a competitive salary we offer comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, vision and prescription plans; generous paid time off; flexible spending accounts; retirement savings plan; a commuter benefits program; and more.
Pictured: Obesity and related health problems are a leading preventable cause of death in America, but for many people, gym membership fees are a barrier to getting in shape. The Trust for Public Land is working with our partners, Seattle Parks Foundation, Seattle Parks and Rec, and MOMentum!, to bring free outdoor exercise gyms to parks across the city.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will possess excellent analytical skills and proven communication abilities. Our ideal candidate will have the skill set to not only analyze our digital initiatives, but then communicate their findings and present solutions to the team. You should be the type of professional who enjoys digging deep down into data to help us fine tune our marketing efforts and target audiences--and then present that data in a compelling way to the team.
If you see this as both an exciting challenge and opportunity to help spread the word about our organization, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
About UsAt the Trust for Public Land, we don't just save land -- we save land for people to enjoy, from neighborhood parks to national parks.
Our mission is to create parks and protect land for people, ensuring healthy, livable communities for generations to come. Every park, playground, and public space we create is an open invitation to explore, wonder, discover, and play. We're proud to say that we've been connecting communities to the outdoors -- and to each other --since 1972. Today, millions of Americans live within a 10-minute walk of a park or natural area we helped create, and countless more visit every year.
Our core beliefs:
- People need and deserve access to nature
- Our work should span cities to wilderness
- When we engage community, we create community
- Equity matters